We are currently seeking a Driver / Loader to join our team.
Reports to – Dispatch Officer / Operations Manager.
The job incumbent is responsible for the dispatch, transportation and loading of goods and products in airline equipment in accordance with company contractual obligations, standards, company specifications and production schedules. Responsible for meeting flight deadlines and the required safety, hygiene and quality standards.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Be professional in the transportation in loading of goods and products on / in airline equipment according to specifications.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of vehicles and their equipment.
- Ensure all trolleys and equipment are loaded and stowed according to the carrier’s instructions.
- Observe airport security regulations.
- Be responsible for ensuring that vehicles under his / her control is roadworthy,
- Observe airport driving and traffic rules and regulations and exercise utmost care when manoeuvring vehicles in close proximity to aircraft including docking to aircraft doors.
- Takes all necessary and preventive measures to ensure cargo is transported and delivered safely and free from any damages.
- Carry out his / her duties safely and responsibly.
- Aid and assist in the daily duties and requirements of the department.
- Maintain a high level of performance in his / her work.
- Carry out work as instructed or directed by superiors.
- Maintain a high level of efficiency in the performance of his / her duties.
- Observe all company rules and regulations.
- Carrying out work safely and responsibly.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty / integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Portray the company’s values and management principles with clients.
- Be flexible and able to work in other departments.
Food safety requirements / responsibilities
- Must be in possession of a valid food handling license (A).
- Observe and follow hygiene, health and safety standards and monitor that Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations are observed by all at all times.
- Maintains and monitors quality by conducting frequent quality control checks according to all HACCP regulations and procedures.
- Monitor to ensure that all traceability sheets are filled in correctly.
- Participate and support company-sponsored initiatives such as Quality Standard (GQS), HACCP, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Handle food with care and do not touch the food.
- Maintain a high level of HACCP standards in the performance of his / her duties.
- Observe all HACCP product and environment rules and report to superiors any practices or products which are not according to HACCP rules.
- Good command of written and spoken English and numerical skills.
- Exercise good control, coordination and communication with other employees.
- Must have OMAS security clearance at all times.
- Be in possession of the airport driving license (ADP).
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and collectively.
- Control precision – the ability to quickly and repeatedly manoeuvre and control a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Far vision – the ability to see details at a distance.
- Near vision – the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Sitting down for extended periods.
- Adequate aptitude to solve a wide range of operational problems.
- Ability to work in a hot / cold temperature environment while indoors.
- Outdoors – exposed to weather
Company policies may change depending on the commercial circumstances of the operation, and which may in some manner or other, change, alter or amend the aforementioned job description.
Kore Air Services Limited – KMP-85224