Kindred’s strategic direction and business rests on a defined purpose to transform gambling and ensure sustainable growth across all our markets. Over the last 20 years, Kindred Group has brought together 11 of Europe’s most successful online gambling brands, forming one of the largest online gambling companies in the world.
With so many proud achievements to look back on, our future goal is simple – to be the number one operator across all our markets. In order to get there, we will continue to transform gambling by investing in new technology, exciting products, and above all, our people.
We are proud to offer a diversified team worldwide. Over 1600 employees representing more than 60 nationalities work together to deliver the best and safest possible gambling experience for our customers every day – with major hubs in London, Malta, Stockholm and Gibraltar.
As the online gambling industry changes, we constantly keep up with new market dynamics and regulations. We operate in a strongly regulated environment and the Regulatory Compliance team actively supports the business in transforming compliance complexity into real opportunities, while developing our operations in synergy with the regulated environment.
As a Regulatory Compliance Officer, you’ll be building close relationships with key internal stakeholders and lead strategic partnerships with external third parties ranging from public authorities to commercial partners. The role itself is designed to grow as you develop and accumulate experience. It is an exciting but challenging role that requires resilience, commitment, and a good understanding of technology, systems and their relationship with the law.
You are going to be involved in the effective planning, delivery and improvement of Kindred Group’s regulatory compliance activities and projects, which lie at the core of everything we accomplish as a customer-focused business.
What you will do
- Acting as a stakeholder in Kindred Group’s regulatory compliance function by actively contributing to the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of LeCoR’s strategy and programmes;
- Provide high-quality, timely, and accurate compliance advice, guidance, and strategic input to the business in the light of a multi-brand and multi-jurisdictional landscape;
- Oversee, coordinate, lead, and manage Kindred’s .local licensing projects to ensure the success and efficiency of such applications;
- Be a strategist in compliance matters, by researching and implementing tools, processes, and policies to help further improve the Compliance function;
- Develop the Kindred Compliance Framework and drive process mapping and process-monitoring work.
- Working closely with the Senior Compliance Managers to ensure and facilitate the efficient delivery of regulatory and audit responsibilities, including readiness of audited areas of the business together with the affected stakeholders and IT systems;
- Monitoring and reviewing existing LeCoR policies and procedures but also constantly identifying gaps and new potential improvement areas whilst devising remedial actions, and maintaining a continuous identification and classification of potential risks;
- Exercising sound judgement on sensitive and time-dependent matters by keeping abreast of legislative and commercial developments at regional and global level;
- Assisting with the resolution and processing of regulatory requests and customer complaints, as well as associated administrative operations;
- Drafting, forwarding or recording internal and external communications while ensuring all relevant areas of the business are involved or consulted where necessary;
- Helping with new product releases in ‘local’ jurisdictions with a view to reducing TTM and ensuring that the offering is fully compliant with all local regulations;
- Coordinating and completing reporting obligations to public and private bodies by liaising with internal stakeholders to disseminate and obtain legal and commercial information whether routinely, as part of an audit, or on an ad-hoc basis;
- Performing and leading internal compliance reviews on individual markets in line with local legislations and gambling regulations as well as compliance reviews over internal aspects of Group operations and policies;
- Providing holistic, expert help to the team to create and maintain streamlined processes based on rigorous quality standards and business realities / capabilities;
- Opportunity to take on Licence Officer responsibilities depending on language skills and business needs.
How will success be measured in this role
- Individual performance, quality and timeliness of work delivered;
- Objective and key results;
- Regulatory clean-sheet;
- Team performance.
- Comfortable working autonomously but equally happy asking for support or working collaboratively;
- Legal background preferred;
- Knowledge of how online technology companies function, with strong emphasis on the ability to learn on the go and work under pressure without supervision;
- Poses a multi-brand mindset and have demonstrable understanding of how EU legislation works and applies at national level within an international business context;
- High levels of emotional intelligence with an ability to absorb complex information quickly and convey it to others in a way that is tailored to the specific audience;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills based on successful experiences of engaging stakeholders from a wide range of teams, nationalities and seniority;
- Excellent drafting and written advocacy skills, with native-level proficiency in English, and Swedish or Belgian Dutch;
- Ability to perform well in high-pressure working environments with a dynamic and demanding workload;
- Good organisational skills coupled with a strong, structured, methodical, and diligent work ethic;
- Friendly team-player with positive mindset and good ‘conflict resolution’ skills;
- Tech-savvy with good technological literacy.
Please add a covering letter in English to let us know your motivation for applying and your salary expectation. Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch soon.
Kindred is an equal opportunities employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. As such we oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We create equal opportunities for all our applicants and will treat people equally regardless of and not limited to, gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion that equal opportunities bring to our operations as set out in our sustainability framework.
Kindred Group – KMP-65000