A Malta-based Bank is looking to recruit an IT Administrator, who will see oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology. The IT Administrator is responsible for the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading bank-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
- Act as the first line of support on basic IT-related issues, or assist therein.
- Maintenance, administration and monitoring of IT environment and systems.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and integrate new systems with existing systems.
- Develop with the CTO standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and end-users.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Supervise and provide end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Manage together with the CTO financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Responsible for monitoring and oversight of daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
- Understanding of database systems, data modelling and SQL, and system analysis principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud infrastructures for monitoring and supervising purposes.
- Together with the CTO negotiate and administer vendor, outsource, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Provide troubleshooting support for escalated software and hardware problems and coordinate vendor assistance when required.
- Install and maintain desktop computer hardware; including computers, monitors, printers, modems, and other computer equipment.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and troubleshooting in the resolution of system communications failures and conflicts.
- Review, prioritize, and process problem reports; document the progress of projects.
- Maintain systems compliance with bank security policies and procedures.
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development.
- Understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Very good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Fluent in English.
- A problem-solving attitude, enjoy working in teams and know how to make technical concepts understandable to people with diverse backgrounds.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technology.
- At least three years of experience that are directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in a payments / banking or financial institution is considered an asset.
- Possess a strong background in Windows OS and Windows Server OS. Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Experiences in the Microsoft 365 suite, Azure and SharePoint Online.
Interested candidates are notified that they may be asked to sit for a technical assessment.
Keepmeposted – KMP-75707