We are looking for a bright spark to join our Public Relations and Communications team – a person who is ambitious, self-motivated, energetic and creative.
You are passionate about communicating, content and storytelling – in writing and in person, love meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations, are organised and want to grow in this field. You feel great managing clients and developing PR content and integrated campaigns across multiple channels and platforms including digital and social media channels. You also get a kick from measuring the results and effectiveness of your work and that of the team.
Excellent communications skills and writing ability, a talent for collaboration together with creativity, flexibility and a problem-solving attitude are what we’re looking for in this role.
Overall job purpose
Proactive development and implementation of clients’ communications strategy. Experience working across different platforms including traditional media, online portals, digital media, social media, online influencers, and bloggers to actively promote clients’ interests. Ability to work in a team and set and prioritise goals are essential attributes of this role, alongside event planning and management.
This role reports to JPA’s Head of PR and Strategic Communications.
- Content writing and repurposing across different platforms (with a strong understanding of the digital environment) as well as different channels (written, video etc).
- Contribution to creating and developing communication plans for integrated campaigns including strategy, goals, budgets and tactics for JPA clients.
- Ability to understand a brief and propose better, more creative and more effective ways of doing things and getting the message across.
- Management of relationships with clients, media houses, online influencers and industry stakeholders.
- Support in the management of media monitoring and reporting.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Day-to-day running of assigned client accounts.
- Management of relevant client / agency relationships – successfully building positive relationships with clients and managing client expectations.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of integrated PR and social media strategies for assigned clients.
- Plan and implement events and ensure maximum publicity for all relevant clients.
- Maintain key internal and external relationships, specifically with the account management team and media.
- Support in the compilation of PR reports, media analyses and strategic PR insight updates.
- Ensure key contacts are aware of the status of work in progress at all times.
- Ensure activity is being delivered on deadline.
- Ensure deliverables are of the required standard and on strategy.
- Assist in crisis communications and issues management endeavours.
- Maintain and build client, media and supplier relationships through effective networking and attending industry-related events.
Qualification and experience
- Ideally completed education up to tertiary level and possess at least two years of experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in Marketing, Content and PR-related work (or ancillary to it) such as content writing, journalism, corporate communications, internal communications, marketing campaigns, social media and similar areas will be considered for this role.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written English.
- Maltese is not required but beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organised and efficient.
- An outgoing and passionate personality with the skills required to make new contacts, network effectively and sell on behalf of clients.
- A flexible attitude and willingness to work across a number of different projects simultaneously.
- Good proficiency in MS Office (particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Some knowledge of video production would be considered an asset.
- Clean driving license and use of own method of transport.
- An inquisitive personality and a continuous drive to learn and discover more.
JP Advertising Ltd – KMP-75555