Jobsplus provides local jobseekers and employers with successful and rewarding work experiences by empowering, assisting and training jobseekers; promoting workforce development; and assisting employers in their recruitment and training needs.
We are seeking to recruit a Systems Administrator on an indefinite basis.
- Assist telephone calls and queries relating to ICT.
- Assist Jobsplus users in their reported ICT issues.
- Utilise computer software such as Word processing, Excel, and graphics.
- Collect and collate proper records and ensure their easy retrieval.
- Keep the ICT inventory record and update it whenever necessary with all ICT hardware within Jobsplus.
- Attend meetings related to ICT as required.
- Provide ICT support on computer and other ICT hardware within Jobsplus premises, including Jobsplus Head Office and remote sites.
- Offer ICT support to the Corporation’s remote offices including Gozo premises.
- Responsible for taking daily backups on servers.
- Management of the servers of the Corporation.
- Carry out operating system and software installation and upgrades on staff and training labs pc’s including other application programs required by the user.
- Setup hardware including its integration with other systems.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and upgrade of hardware and software applications problems.
- Analyse and enhance current hardware systems from performance, reliability and operational perspective.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new hardware systems.
- Carry out scheduled preventive maintenance works on hardware and software.
- Ensure proper security measures are in place, especially in relation to malware and other external threats.
- Maintain and support Jobsplus ICT network infrastructure including troubleshooting of networking problems that may arise.
- Maintain and support Jobsplus telephony PABX system.
- Assist in the Corporation’s staff movements from an ICT perspective including relocation of ICT hardware and telephone lines.
- Able to drive a car to assist whenever ICT support within Jobsplus remote offices is required.
- Liaise with contractors and external entities as required.
- Ensure proper security measures are in place, especially in relation to virus and possible external threats.
- Assist in tasks pertaining to his / her colleagues in their absence.
- Provide support to the rest of the division as required.
- Follow standards adopted by Jobsplus.
- Use of project planning techniques to ensure that all projects under his / her responsibility are completed within the agreed timeframes and that all milestones are reached.
- Write reports when necessary.
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned by management.
An ICT related first degree at MQF Level 6, with a minimum of 180 ECTS / ECVETS or an appropriate, recognised, comparable qualification plus one (1) year relevant work experience. Or;
An ICT related diploma at MQF Level 5, with a minimum of 60 ECTS / ECVETS or an appropriate, recognised, comparable qualification, plus three (3) years relevant work experience. Or;
A recognised ICT related certification plus four (4) years relevant work experience.
Jobsplus Permit Number: 374/2020
Jobsplus – KMP-54390