Jesmond Mizzi Financial Advisors Limited is a company licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority authorised to provide investment and wealth management services to retail and professional clients. The company has been set-up over 16 years ago. In view of the expansion of its operations and regulatory responsibilities, a vacancy has arisen for a Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will lead the finance team and responsibilities will include:
- Manage all accounting operations including the approval of payments, overseeing bank reconciliations etc;
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements;
- Support end-of-month and end-of-year processes;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and correct financial reporting;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Ensuring the reconciliation processes of all divisions of the company are carried out and documented as necessary;
- Training and developing the needs of the finance team, as well as members of other divisions reporting to the accounting team;
- Maintain all the necessary reporting to banks and backing up system reports;
- Prepare annual projections and update monthly budgets with actual figures;
- Coordinate with auditors and have all documentation prepared for any audits;
- Preparation of other reports / statistics as may be requested by the Directors or the management team.
Applicants will be considered if they are in possession of:
- A fully qualified accountant;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Highly meticulous, contentious and articulate;
- Capable of managing a small team and working with various heads of departments;
- High levels of resilience and be able to work with tight deadlines;
- Analytical and good time management skills and the ability to work independently;
- Fluency in both English and Maltese;
- Experience in financial services would be considered an asset.
An attractive remuneration package is being offered commensurate with relevant experience together with the opportunity to become part of an energetic team within a well-structured organisation.
Jesmond Mizzi Financial Advisors Limited – KMP-47360