Jesmond Mizzi Financial Advisors Limited and Merill SICAV plc, companies licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority are seeking to enhance their team of professional personnel.
In view of the firms’ expansion and ever increasing regulatory responsibilities, a vacancy has arisen for a Compliance Manager and MLRO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a high level of compliance and regulatory standards in relation to anti-money laundering, UCITS schemes and MiFID II. The candidate is expected to act as Compliance Manager of Merill SICAV plc and also act as an MLRO of both Jesmond Mizzi Financial Advisors Limited and Merill SICAV plc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and updating of the compliance manual, compliance plan, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations in terms of compliance requirements;
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company policies and procedures;
- Review and maintenance of compliance files;
- Creating and updating policies and procedures in relation to AML / CFT in line with AML Regulations and the FIAU, implementing procedures to ensure compliance with current and new legislations;
- Ensuring customer due diligence is in line with the company’s customer acceptance policy and ensuring that AML procedures are enforced across the firm;
- Effectively prepare and submit AML reports as required by the regulations such as the FIAU Risk Evaluation Questionnaire;
- Carry out AML / CTF assessments within the companies, such as the AML Business Risk Assessment and reviewing / monitoring of cash deposits;
- Keeping abreast of all the new regulations to ensure compliance within all the departments of the companies especially with respect to AML Regulations, MiFID II, and UCITS Regulations.
Applicants will be considered if they are in possession of:
- A Law degree, Banking and Finance degree, or similar;
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial services institutions;
- Analytical and good time management skills and the ability to work independently;
- Fluency in both English and Maltese;
- Experience in UCITS and MiFID II regulations would be considered an asset, however, adequate training will be provided.
An attractive remuneration package is being offered commensurate with relevant experience together with the opportunity to become part of an energetic team within a well-structured organisation.
Jesmond Mizzi Financial Advisors Limited – KMP-54393