We are looking for a proactive-minded Senior Legal Counsel who can hit the ground running by providing legal support and advice across our client’s departments and group company entities. The ideal candidate will be adept in third-party contracts, payment service provider agreements and extensive experience in M&A. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
About our client
Our client specialises in the online casino industry by providing entertainment through its gaming products (including sportsbook to be added soon) and is located in Sliema.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Principal contact for day-to-day contractual reviews, negotiations, and drafting including game supplier agreements, payment service provider agreements, NDAs, marketing T&Cs.
- Ensuring company terms and conditions are up-to-date and remain compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Amendments / extension of existing agreements.
- Management of renewal / extension dates and related negotiation timetable.
- Advising the organization on commercial, as well as legal, aspects of transactions and negotiating with counterparty legal and procurement teams.
- To cooperate with external legal counsel on jurisdiction-specific legal matters, including litigations, enforcement and license application matters.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Support M&A activities in partnership with the company’s management team.
Requirements and skills
- At least 4+ years experience as a lawyer.
- Experience in iGaming is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in mergers and acquisitions.
- Solid knowledge of corporate and commercial law.
- Very good command of the English language.
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks and proactively choosing the best solutions.
- Team player.
- Agile mindset.
- Possess a Doctorate of Laws or a legal degree.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
IRIS THAUMAS – KMP-67819