As F&B Assistant Restaurant Manager, you will work very closely with the Restaurant Manager to ensure smooth daily operations within the restaurant. In this role, you will be working in a fast pace environment and in a challenging role which will give you the opportunity to learn, grow, and be successful.
- Be present at the allocated restaurant and supervise the day-to-day processes to ensure smooth operations at all times.
- Lead, coach and train respective team members while continuing support towards a highly efficient and engaged workforce.
- Contribute to the profitability of the department by maximizing sales and introducing innovative and revenue-generation ideas.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage service brand standards and follow all outlet policies, brand and quality standards and operating procedures.
- Maintain all areas of your outlet in a safe, hygienic and presentable state at all times.
- Be customer-oriented, ability to cater to customer needs promptly and effectively and ensure exceptional customer experience and high guest satisfaction.
- Assists Manager in staff allocation, training plans, payroll and operating costs according to budget.
- Identify labour efficiencies by working together with the rest of the Food and Beverage team in creating cross-outlet synergy to capitalise on resources.
The duties and responsibilities described in this job description are not a comprehensive list, and as such additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
- Previous experience working at the management level, within a restaurant / hotel environment.
- Familiarities with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks.
- Customer-focused and able to listen and respond to demanding customer needs by ensuring high delivery standards of customer service.
- Interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage, develop and inspire workforce.
- Flexible to work within operational hours and not limited to (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends).
- Maintain a positive attitude, warm personality, attention to detail and smart appearance.
- Resilient and energetic to be able to work in a high-pressure and high pace environment.
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of true hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG hotels.
Being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay.
Focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
Is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
Intercontinental Malta – KMP-82347