Do you see yourself as a Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing?
When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
Centrally located, InterContinental Malta, redefines the meaning of elegance with its contemporary design, style and modern ambience. All 451 rooms are superbly furnished and its extensive facilities include 7 restaurants, 3 bars, Club InterContinental Lounge, an outdoor 47-meter panoramic lagoon styled swimming pool, a heated indoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, 23 meeting rooms and a 24 hour business centre. The InterContinental Beach Club is an extension to the hotel’s facilities, located only 143 meters away.
Holiday Inn Express Malta situated adjacent to InterContinental Malta opened in the second quarter of 2017 with 120 latest generation guest rooms and facilities.
With a dynamic team and innovative service culture, we will offer our guests an authentic and enriching experience in the heart of the Mediterranean.
In order to help us deliver our vision of providing our guests with the ‘in-the-know’ experiences, we are actively recruiting to complete a team of brilliant service-oriented individuals with a genuine passion in the hotel industry.
As a Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing for InterContinental Malta and Holiday Inn Express Malta, you will develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts. This is a leading role in promoting the IHG vision, purpose and IHG Winning Ways.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal / team sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current / potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering / banquet services
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.This is the top sales and marketing job in a large, full-service, luxury, resort hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Qualifications & Requirements
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
The successful candidate will have a relevant Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field, and four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team. Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required, ideally with an international hotel brand, as well as experience leading a team of others. Your excellent communication skills, a strong drive for results, coupled with the ability to think ahead and confidently lead and develop yourself and colleagues will see you succeed in this role.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including hotel discounts worldwide as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
Intercontinental Malta – KMP-46390