Inspire is a leading NGO in Malta helping hundreds of individuals with various disabilities to achieve their full potential, as we believe that everyone has a right to equality and inclusion.
We do this by providing individuals and their families with educational, therapeutic and leisure services. We also advocate for inclusion, educate the public and raise awareness among peers.
General scope and purpose of the position
Inspire is looking to recruit a number of Care Workers to join its growing team on a reduced-hours basis. The ideal candidate will assist clients in their daily participation of activities while ensuring their active engagement to the best of their potential. This includes helping clients with their daily feeding needs, hygiene aspects, assistance with toileting and changing and assistance with moving and transferring. The programme runs daily from Monday to Friday, from 09:00 until 15:00.
The Care Worker will carry out activities in the pool and gym, assist during animal interaction and therapeutic horseback riding sessions, and offer activities in the multisensory rooms, as instructed by the therapists. The Care Worker will be asked to conduct sessions in small groups according to the modules as planned and will be encouraged to come up with innovative ideas for sessions.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a minimum of an MQF Level 3 of education in care or disability studies, or in a related field such as social sciences.
- Experience working with children or people with a disability would be considered as an advantage.
- Prior to being recruited and throughout the duration of employment, the selected candidates need to satisfy the requirements of the Protection of Minors Act (POMA) together with those of immunisation.
Why work with Inspire?
At Inspire, we prioritise the mental health and wellbeing of our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate to experience, we offer the below:
- Ten additional days of leave, additional to statutory leave.
- Private health insurance provided by AXA PPP Healthcare through Atlas Insurance.
- Free counselling sessions provided by the Richmond Foundation.
- Study leave.
- The opportunity to shape and change processes.
Inspire – KMP-73452