IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd, established in 2010, is a licensed credit institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The bank’s principal activity is international trade finance with a focus on commodity trade finance.
The Bank is currently looking to recruit a Senior Compliance Officer to join their team in St. Julian’s on a full-time basis.
Main Role Duties:
- Drawing up and reviewing policies, procedures and manuals on AML/CFT and other Compliance matters;
- Developing and revising the Customer/Counterparty Risk Assessment Forms, as required from time to time;
- Guiding staff with respect to any AML related queries;
- Revising account opening documentation and other bank forms / checklists / templates, as required from time to time including those related to AML matters, client review letters and forms;
- Reviewing, recommending and signing-off (as applicable) high risk client account openings and client reviews;
- Handling the setup, logic and testing related to the Bank’s Anti-Financial Crime System;
- Conducting internal investigations as a result of customer triggering events;
- Dealing with correspondent bank queries;
- Conducting country assessment reports, and presenting same for approval to the Head of Compliance and the MLRO;
- Keeping abreast with Compliance matters, including attending any relevant training sessions / conferences;
- Attending to other legal matters, as necessary;
- Keeping abreast of any legislative and regulatory changes falling under the remit of the Compliance function, and discussing the relative implications with the Head of Compliance in order to determine whether such changes have any impact on the Bank’s operations, and the actions needed.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience working in a financial services environment handling Compliance matters primarily related to AML/CFT laws and regulations;
- Experience in other areas of Compliance is preferred however not a must since training would be provided;
- A good understanding of AML/CFT laws and regulations within the banking / financial services industry;
- Candidate must be able to manage / supervise a small team of people;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
IIG Bank (Malta) Ltd – KMP-54457