IELS Malta is a leading English language school operating within the tourism and education industry for over 30 years, having three schools in Malta and Gozo, two 3 Star hotels in Sliema, and forming part of the LAL group of language schools, with other centres in the UK, USA and South Africa.
We are currently seeking a responsible and highly driven individual for the position of Welfare Assistant to be responsible for the individual welfare needs of our students (both on and off site) while assisting the Welfare Coordinator directly in carrying out a series of tasks as listed below (but not limited to) related to the arrival, duration and departure of the students, liaising with welfare officers, residence supervisors, activity leaders, interns, welcoming students and seeing to their well-being during class time, activities and in student residences:
- To directly assist the Welfare coordinator in carrying out all tasks concerned with the setting up, administration and closing down of the young learner school as advised by line management;
- To deal with and be responsible for all the individual welfare needs of IELS students, and oversee the coordination of all residence supervisors, welfare officers and Interns duties;
- To ensure student details are prepared by the welfare team in advance of arrival, such as name lists for transport, accommodation and academic requirements, handbooks and tests;
- Meeting and greeting new students on the first day of school and brief them on the rules, regulations and general information;
- Helping out with general administration and paperwork;
- Assisting the Welfare Coordinator in handling student complaints and issues, ensuring reports are answered in a timely and efficient manner;
- Handling the 24hr emergency phone on a shift basis;
- Liaising with activity leaders that attendance records are fully checked;
- Handling student questionnaires and evaluating information regarding any issues which need assessing;
- Ensure all records are kept in order regarding complaints or illnesses filed by students;
- To arrange doctor / dentist / hospital appointments if required and accompany students accordingly or arranging the same;
- To liaise with foreign group leaders with regard to the welfare of students in their charge.
The chosen candidate is required to be trustworthy, mature and residing in Malta for at least 6 months. He/she will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and have excellent written English and attention to detail.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the most suitable applicant in accordance with his/her experience and qualifications.
Previous experience in a similar role will be an advantage.
IELS Malta – KMP-42799