IELS Malta is a leading English language school operating within the tourism and education industry for over 35 years, operating all year round providing tuition and accommodation to students from all over the world.
We are currently seeking Residence Supervisors who will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Residence and all the individual welfare needs of students based therein. This includes assisting the Welfare Coordinator directly in carrying out all tasks concerned with the arrival, duration and departure of the students, liaising with activity leaders, welcoming students and seeing to their well-being mainly within the Residences and, when required, during class time and activities.
The suitable candidate needs to be always friendly and professional to our students.
This role includes various duties (but is not limited to):
- To deal with and be responsible for all the individual welfare needs of all IELS students.
- To work on a shift basis at the residence, manning the desk and ensuring all young learner students are counted and in their rooms on time. Keep a record of damages, deposits and room listings and update accordingly.
- To ensure the rules and regulations of the accommodation residences are followed by students, and that curfews and room spot checks are frequently carried out.
- Ensure student details are prepared by the team in advance of arrival, such as name lists for transport, accommodation.
- Meeting and greeting new students on the arrival day and briefing them on the rules, regulations and general information.
- To collate contact details of Young Learners on their arrival, timely sharing the collected information with the Welfare Coordinator and department.
- Ensure the residence is frequently spot-checked and that all facilities are maintained, and rooms are cleaned fully.
- Ensure student attendance at school and activities are regular, and all YL students booked within the residence are always accounted for.
- To provide daily updates to the Welfare Coordinator on the number of students who are sick and / or missing lessons and / or activity.
- To ensure that any serious incidents and behaviour are immediately reported to the Welfare Coordinator.
Qualification, traits and attitude:
- Have excellent communication skills (written, and verbal).
- The ideal candidate will have a pleasant disposition and have previous similar experience in a hospitality environment.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, reliable and can work within a team and on own initiative.
- Applicants must be in possession of valid EU working documents.
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the most suitable applicant in accordance with his / her experience and qualifications.
IELS Malta – KMP-80353