Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
With over 20 different nationalities working in our HSBC contact centre we are committed to creating a truly diverse working environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our Contact Centre Business also plays a central role in maintaining our reputation as a leader in banking. The Operation serves as a vital channel in ensuring successful business development while addressing through both inbound and outbound communication channels. The value of our Contact Centre Business continues to grow as it cultivates collaboration and improved financial services provision across a broad range of our business areas.
We are currently looking for dedicated and enthusiastic professionals to join our Customer Service teams. Banking and contact centre experience are not essential. What we’re really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers through social media platforms, emails and phone calls – everything else we can teach you!
What we will offer you:
- Discretionary bonus scheme with a competitive base salary starting salary Eur 17,000
- Market-leading training and development program leading to excellent career progression opportunities
- Attractive benefit package such as Medical insurance coverage for employee and for additional dependents, preferential rates on lending facilities on completion of probation and HSBC global share options
- Additional significant life event leave (e.g. marriage, maternity and paternity) that takes care of your well-being
- Childcare subsidy – childcare costs up to €350 every quarter per employee
- 5-day working shift pattern – 8-hour shift with an hour break time
- An onsite cafeteria catering to multiple cuisines and confectionery store
- Opportunity to get involved in social and sports activities
- Rewards and Recognition for your success and contribution to the team
- Great team environment and progressive career advancement opportunities
- Various HSBC leave policies that allow you to rest, recuperate and balance personal and family commitments
In this role, you will be:
- Working in a contact centre environment handling multiple customer calls from our customers typically on multiple products and propositions
- Providing high quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible
- Listening to the customer and establishing their needs to offer relevant products, services and solutions leaving the customer fully in control
- Taking ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution
- Responsible for achieving individual key performance indicators and development whilst maintaining appropriate operational risk control and compliance in all activities
- Advising, communicating, empathising, resolving conflict and responding sensitively to clients
To be successful in this role, you will need the following requirements:
- Demonstrate an ability to acknowledge emotions and requests effectively, and ask appropriate probing questions
- Be concise and clear in written and spoken communication
- Apply basic and numerical reasoning when handling customer enquiries
- Own issues to completion and a willingness to help others
- Flexibility to work on shift duties (including weekends and public holidays)
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Excellent customer-serving manner, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, such as answering, typing and toggling through different screens while assisting customers on the call
HSBC Global Services (UK) Ltd – KMP-43609