Under limited supervision, the Rooms Division Manager directs all department operations for the Rooms Division including all front office operations, reservations, housekeeping, and ensures all activities performed within the departments are in accordance with the property’s business objectives, budgetary guidelines and established guest service and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise staff and ensure proper completion of all office duties.
- Ensure that all reservations are entered correctly.
- Ensure the proper appearance and safety of the lobby and all public areas.
- Act as the Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled as such by the General Manager.
- Inspecting guest rooms and holding staff accountable.
- Develop training standards and SOPs, oversee and conduct trainings including job knowledge, product knowledge and service standards.
- Effectively control and manage all staff operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies etc., and seek and implement cost-saving strategies.
- Ensure that the hotel meets / exceeds standards for guests, visitors and associates safety.
- Motivate, coach and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Be proficient on the use of the property management system, and train staff on the system.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings, and individual meetings as needed.
- Handle guest complaints effectively.
- Have complete knowledge of room types.
- Assures that staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times.
- Maintain a room history journal-detailing inventory, major maintenance and repairs, renovations and general cleaning.
- Maintain a high morale and productivity as well as good communication within the front office, reservations and housekeeping areas as well as between other departments.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Develops and puts action plans in place of deficient areas of the rooms division.
- Observes service behaviour of employees and providing feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Develop colleagues by delegating tasks and then empower and coach them making sure they achieve the desired results.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Room Operations goals to produce desired results.
- Performs other duties as required within the scope of responsibility.
- Experience in a hotel setting, you must be able to demonstrate at least three (3) years in a position of direct responsibility as a Rooms Division.
- Department Head (Guest Service Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Front Office Manager) within a hotel. You must also demonstrate highly developed Rooms management and Leadership skill sets. Previous supervisory experience is recommended.
- License / certification: a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required.
- Language skills: the ability to exercise excellent communication, organization, time management and listening skills. Fluency in a second language is an advantage.
Hotel ta’ Cenc & Spa – KMP-64993