As a Head Housekeeper, your job duties are to train and supervise cleaning staff, prepare schedules and assign duties to staff, maintain the inventory of cleaning supplies, inspect rooms and common areas to make sure they are clean, meet the standards of the hotel, and report to hotel management about your team’s work.
As a Head Housekeeper, your primary role is to supervise, train and work alongside your staff to ensure all hotel rooms are sparklingly clean and in tip-top condition. But your expert knowledge will also be in demand with other departments. For instance, you’ll be expected to liaise with the general manager and heads of the department, attending regular meetings. Last but not least, if you want a motivated team, you’re going to have to find time to meet with them at least once a week, too.
- Dealing with suppliers of linen, cleaning materials and guest supplies, such as soap, shampoo, etc.
- Controlling supply costs, as well as laundry, maintenance and wages.
- Scheduling staff rotas.
- Overseeing stocktakes, budgets and other paperwork, such as maintenance reports and safety audits.
- Ensuring lost property is kept safely and returned to its owner.
- Possibly overseeing supervisors and linen room and cleaning supplies staff.
- An awareness of green issues.
- Performs other duties as required within the scope of responsibility.
Hotel ta’ Cenc & Spa – KMP-65032