The Head Chef is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of restaurant and hotel kitchens, ensuring that all food served meets the highest quality standards.
We are looking for an admirable head chef to lead and inspire our kitchen staff in the creation of culinary masterpieces. The head chef will be responsible for designing the menu, hiring and training kitchen staff, collaborating with restaurant management, optimizing staff productivity, and stepping in to help wherever needed.
To ensure success, you should have excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of the kitchen staff in a high-pressure environment. Top candidates are creative individuals with a passion for great food and excellent service.
Head Chef Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Planning the menu and designing the plating presentation for each dish.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Hiring and training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Stocktaking ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed.
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to regularly update the menu.
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Incorporating feedback from restaurant staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as required within the scope of responsibility.
Hotel ta’ Cenc & Spa – KMP-65033