The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and overseeing of specific projects and / or a wide range of different construction projects whilst providing timelines and reaching deadlines. The project manager is requested to budget, keep track of supplies, collaborate with subcontractors, build relationships based on trust and ensure all regulations are met and permits acquired. In this role, the project manager is to handle both administrative and hands-on work while managing projects.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Review subcontractor material, approved submittals and shop drawings and check construction compliance.
- Provide logistical timelines with realistic schedules of projects.
- Secure all permit for construction and external and internal development of properties belonging to business, final inspection and occupancy permit.
- Review plans and specifications for accuracy and detail; ensure that plans and specifications are properly distributed.
- Review budgets and periodic accounting; make mid-course corrections and adjustments to keep project in budget and / or allow for major change orders.
- Review subcontractor and vendor invoice and liaise with account department accordingly.
- Maintain project drawing log, job files and ensure that all paper work is kept up to date.
- The Project Manager is expected to be completely familiar with the project plans, subcontract agreements, general contracts for projects assigned, and co-ordinate and report back on all phases of plans, all specifications etc.
- Directly supervise all field personnel and co-ordinate accordingly.
- Prepare monthly job status report and review with the Director and all concerned parties.
- Is to ensure quality control inspection for plan and specification conformance.
- Coordinate all phases of projects assigned and planning with the appropriate measures and with all relevant departments and entities.
- Verify that the projects and each phase remain on schedule and verify on-site supplies and equipment are properly ordered and accounted for.
The candidate is requested to have the following competencies:
- 3-5 years experience in a fast-paced environment in a role of project management with hands on experience in property development and finishings.
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Able to build relationships based on trust and accountability.
- A degree in a relevant field is considered an asset.
- Problem solving abilities, creative thinking and obtains an eye for detail.
- Is precise and able to reach deadlines accordingly.
- Computer literate (experience in Microsoft Office and Project Management Software).
- Ability to schedule project from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of electricity, plumbing, EME interior design is considered an asset.
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic.
- Patient and empathetic.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Flexible, punctual, organised and efficient.
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance.
Hotel 1926 – KMP-55379