HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide mobile network operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the generation of revenues from A2P traffic, enhanced network security, a reduction in SS7, SMS fraud and spam and increased subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Reporting to the Head of Solution Development, the developer in test will work within the technology department of HAUD. He/she will be responsible to ensure that test automation targets and measures are achieved.
The Software Developer in test:
- Will work closely with software developers, product owner, stakeholders, architecture and operations teams and any other department affected by the product under test;
- understand all the aspects of the business the product under test is connected to;
- Implement (either through scripting or programming) automated test cases based on QA test case design;
- Daily automated regression testing;
- Generate and publish automated reports;
- Contribute to maintain a productive, collaborative and relaxed work environment.
Role Profile and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for testing complex features which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases;
- Develop automated test for features;
- Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting;
- Interact with customers and partners to simulate customer scenarios which help validate the product;
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment;
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders;
- Delivers in accordance with agreed scope, acceptance criteria, time, financial and quality measures;
- Reports and escalates in a timely manner during project;
- Identify risk in his / her business and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- Passion for QA and knack for identifying test that break code;
- First or post-graduate degree in computer science, IT, engineering or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development in general, experience in C++ or Java;
- Comfort with programming and strong grasp of operating systems concepts;
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Ability to understand and learn complex protocols;
- Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL programming;
- Familiarity with a scripting language, such as Python, Perl and Bash;
- Programming experience on Linux / UNIX environments;
- Prior experience in testing enterprise applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams and management;
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail;
- Knowledge of international IT and mobile telecom standards and protocols – Signalling System No. 7 (SS7) will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in use of Selenium, Appium, Selendroid or Cucumber will be considered as an asset;
- Basic knowledge of TCP / IP fundamentals;
- Strong work ethics – with a passion towards achieving high precision and quality of work produced. Reliable time keeping and attendance.
- High level of initiative and self-motivated;
- Team player;
- Strong analytic skills;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Result oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties;
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently;
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
HAUD Systems Limited – KMP-51974