db Group, Malta’s leader in the hospitality and leisure sector. The group is distinguished and well established in the hospitality sector with its own branded db Seabank Resort and db San Antonio Hotel and within the leisure sector with its own branded Pearl Spa, Hardrock, and Starbucks development license and outlets, as well as its variety of established restaurants offering various cuisines, including Aki, Amami, Nine Lives, Blu Beach, Westreme and Sonora.
We are seeking to recruit a Kitchen Supervisor to join our kitchen team on a full-time basis at Hard Rock Cafe.
The Kitchen Supervisor is the ultimate shift leadership position in the back-of-house operations of Hard Rock Cafe. Directly reporting to the Manager on Duty (MOD) under the overseeing of the Kitchen Manager (KM).
Basic functions of the Kitchen Supervisor will include but are not limited to:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, storeroom, stock-take and reporting missing items and kitchen supplies whilst receiving goods through supplier deliveries and making sure purchase orders, invoices, and items received are up to the quality expected and stored in place immediately.
- Preparing and portioning foods upholding the recipes as specified by HRC standards and specifications whilst monitoring food surpluses and wastages.
- Specifies the number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat or any raw product to control portion costs and profitability.
- Supervises cooks to ensure the cleanliness of kitchen and equipment in line with HRC and legal food safety and sanitization standards at all times whilst also supervising cooks to ensure all food prepared is conform to recipes and appearance standards as specified by HRC recipes and specifications. Once a week, general cleaning is scheduled and the supervisor is in charge to organize and follow up on the cleaning needed.
- Makes sure all products stored in fridges and cold rooms are in their correct place, properly labelled and in adherence to expiry date whilst supervising cooks and staff members engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of food between outlets.
- All documentation required by the company is to be completed in full and signed and stored, including but not limited to temperature sheets, line checks and FSS Kitchen diary, on each shift.
- Train new cooks as assigned by training schedule in conform to HRC standards and legal food safety and sanitization standards. Reports cook’s performance to the KM on a regular basis.
- Be flexible in shift times and ensures maximum productivity from all cooks and good self by ensuring all cooks finish their duties on time as per schedule, aligned with the company’s labour budgets.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Strong working organizational skills.
- Flexible to work at weekends and public holidays.
- Communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
Hard Rock Cafe – KMP-78940