About Hanson Applied Sciences
Hanson Applied Sciences trades on large scale in sports betting markets through automation and a small but efficient staffing structure. The core business is the market making of betting exchanges with an annual betting turnover of over a billion pounds.
You will work as part of the trading operations team responsible for ensuring that our automated trading algorithms are functioning optimally at all times and reporting any and all faults. You will also be assisting with other operational tasks. We currently have one post available for this role.
- Monitoring real-time system performance and looking out for failures, bandwidth, and latency and reporting any issues clearly and concisely to our developers based in London
- Monitoring that trading takes place on all intended markets with the optimal strategy
- Risk management and identification of any unusual positions our strategies produce
- Investigating market trends to obtain insights into counterparty betting patterns
- Data analysis on trading activity with scope to improving our existing pricing strategies as well as developing new ones
- End-of-day trading reports
- Accounting and audit tasks
- You must have the right to work in Malta. i.e. Be an EU / EEA / Swiss National or in possession of the required work permits
- Living in Malta or willing and able to fund relocation to Malta
- Demonstrable knowledge and interest in the sports betting industry or financial trading
- Familiar with betting exchanges
- Highly numerate with an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Able to work nights (2000-0730) with a typical shift rotation of four nights on and four days off
- Normal office hours and peak trading times require office attendance. There is some flexibility for remote working post probation with anti-social hours being remote and a 20-day work from anywhere allowance
- Self-starter and quick learner able to soak up information and instruction
- Very comfortable with all aspects of tech – programming experience very beneficial though not essential
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and possess the stamina for concurrent activity
- Able to work alone with very little supervision as well as collaborate on projects within a larger team both local and remote
- Equity participation
- Extra night shift allowance
- Catered breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks and soft drinks
- End of month company-funded parties
- Seafront office with a rooftop BBQ terrace overlooking Balluta Bay
- Mobile site / stand desks with ergonomic chairs
- Office PlayStation
Starting Salary: Eur 27,000 Eur 32,000 (negotiable with relevant experience).
Please attach a cover letter detailing your motivation.
Hanson Applied Sciences – KMP-75638