Take on a taste of history in your next role and work within a tentative UNESCO world heritage site. Be part of a multi award-winning restaurant group and a world luxury award nominee.
The Sheer Bastion in the historic city of Senglea is looking for an organised and experienced events and banqueting manager to join our young dynamic team.
The F&B and events operations manager will be responsible for the smooth running and overall success of events taking place at this iconic site while maintaining the company standards in respect of quality, quantity and service. You will be carrying out preparation for upcoming events and ensuring employees and agency requirements are booked in advance. You will be also responsible for motivation, training, developing and managing our events team in order to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery.
- Assist Sales department with show rounds, customer queries and meetings.
- Responsible for the overseeing and managing of the food and beverage team for all aspects of recruitment, training, rostering, event planning, implementation and post event duties.
- Ordering and controlling of beverage stock including outsourced equipment.
- The Processing of payments and event billing.
- Coordinates with other department heads to ensure company policies and guest expectations are being met.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and preparation.
- Leadership skills to motivate and manage a large group of team members.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including ability to handle guest complains and team member disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- A strong grasp of the English language. Maltese is not a requirement but will be looked upon favourably.
- Vast knowledge in events, current trends and event planning.
- Experience in banqueting.
- Experience in a bar and restaurant environment.
- Proficient user of Computers and able to use Microsoft office.
- Minimum two years proven managerial experience in the same / similar role.
- Only EU nationals or candidates with work permits to work in Malta need apply.
Hammett’s Macina Restaurant – KMP-39805