An international investments company is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to join their team in Malta. Your role will be to implement and manage an effective compliance programme and develop and review company policies and procedures. The perfect candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in law together with 3 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this role and wish to join an international team, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Malta based Compliance Officer role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and regular compliance health checks regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Up-keeping of corporate documents “on a date”.
- Developing and managing a compliance (legal) reviews on EU and Maltese regulatory requirements, new internal regulatory documents (policies and procedures) and other ad-hoc issues.
- Communication with the MFSA, FIAU and other authorities, as well as correspondent banks.
- A background in Law.
- 3 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Understanding and familiar with general EU regulations and directives on financial services, investment services (MiFID II, MiFIR, EMIR, AML).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of any other language will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Certifications, diploma in compliance in advantage.
- Working in one of the most dynamic fintech company in Europe.
- Multicultural working environment: we adhere to the same values and share our common expertise across Europe and Asia.
- Flexible office hours.
- Nice perks: free lunches and office snacks.
- Private medical insurance.
GRS Recruitment – KMP-50725