We are looking for a competent Cost Control Engineer.
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc
- Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
- Perform technical and commercial review of EPCI long time tenders (subcontractor’s quotations) for the preparation of Service agreements
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare monthly project movement report for the monitoring of the project activities on a daily basis and register all downtime, consumptions and project related issues relating to the project promptly to the project manager and management.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Min 5 years relevant and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling preferably in construction / EPCIC industry
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and SAP softwares or Candy software is highly advantageous
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Possess good project background and English technical writing ability and skills.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Fast worker with the ability to work well under stress.
Work location: Malta
G&P Borg Limited – KMP-61331