Bring your skills to life!
We are looking for a driven individual with strong communication skills to join our growing team as a Technician. This team has a customer-centric mindset and is dedicated to going above and beyond for our customers day in and day out.
As our Technician, you will be working directly on the front line, interacting daily with our customers to ensure they have all of their services working smoothly. You will be provided with all the necessary tools, including a mobile device, a laptop, and a company van to be able to perform your duties at your utmost. After the training period, you will mostly be working on your own however there’s a great team spirit and if you need assistance, your colleagues will be just a phone call away.
Kindness, patience, and charisma go a long way when you’re dealing with people. Therefore we do expect that you have these attributes to be able to thrive in this position. As for the rest, we will teach you everything else you need to know. So as long as you’re willing to learn, this position is a great opportunity to grow and develop yourself within a fast-paced environment. It will be your first step into the fascinating world of Technology that will lead you to an exciting future.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements
- A good level of computer literacy;
- A valid driving license to be able to drive a company vehicle;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Willingness to work outside and at heights.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position
- If you have a CCNA, computer, or networking certification;
- Have some experience working in a similar role;
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience technologies used in telecommunications such as fiber optic, telephony and TV technologies such as PSTN, ISDN, IPTV, and DTTV.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing
- Rectifying faults and solving problems at our customer’s homes;
- Installing GO services on various premises;
- Jumpering of services in cabinets, exchanges, and test-rooms;
- Maintenance of distribution points drops, and test-room frames;
- Opening of manholes;
- Working at heights on ladders and cherry pickers;
- Driving a cherry picker when required;
- Stocking outdoor cabinets with pre-wires;
- Ordering stock;
- Working in all test rooms and RSS whenever required;
- Using GO systems to provision, rectify faults, and update records and stock.
- To ensure optimal customer service we will need you to:
- Work continuation and overtime when needed;
- Work on-call schedules.
What’s in it for you?
Joining our team comes with a lot of benefits! Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll offer you for being brilliant:
- No more bills! Free unlimited GO services for your home and mobile;
- Four weeks of paid birth leave for all non-birthing parents;
- Private hospital health insurance, to protect you from unexpected, high medical costs;
- A budget to spend on your own personal and / or professional development;
- Therapy sessions to support your needs in collaboration with Richmond Foundation;
- A budget dedicated to your children’s summer school costs;
- And more.
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now.
GO plc – KMP-75738