Steer your career into the right direction.
We are looking to recruit a talented Java Developer to join our team currently working on IoT as well as on our digital transformation journey. This role requires experience in designing and building scalable and highly-reliable software, where you will be working closely with other team members to develop, maintain and enhance applications / APIs in an agile environment.
This job requires you to take ownership and learn an extensive business domain, and will also require you to assist the team with architectural decisions and design.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT / Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software development using Java and Spring;
- Working experience with Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, SOAP and REST;
- Experience building software with TDD by using tools and frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Experience with microservices, event-driven architecture, messaging frameworks and paradigms;
- Ability to design software using appropriate design patterns;
- Eagerness to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and frameworks;
Here’s how to score some extra points:
- Good understanding of container technologies such as Docker;
- Experience breaking down monolithic applications using event-driven microservices;
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design;
- Experience with CQRS;
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience with CI/CD;
- Experience working in an agile environment using Scrum methodologies.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with product owners and other team members to design, develop, and maintain applications for product delivery;
- Mentoring and supporting other software developers who are less experienced in the team;
- Assisting other team members with the design and implementation of new software requirements;
- Giving third level expert and product support when needed;
- Optimizing and replacing legacy systems with new architecture;
- Ensuring quality control across the board;
- Adhering to best practices in software development;
- Learning by reading and experimenting with POCs to optimize and improve;
- Undertaking any other related tasks as required by team.
What’s in it for you?
Joining our team comes with a lot of benefits! Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll offer you for being brilliant:
- Benefit from working within a hybrid organisation, enjoying a balance between working from the office or any other location of your preference;
- Flexible working arrangements to suit different needs;
- No more bills! Free unlimited GO services for your home and mobile;
- Four weeks paid birth-leave for all non-birthing parents;
- Private Hospital Health Insurance, to protect you from unexpected, high medical costs;
- A budget to purchase your next mobile device;
- A budget to spend on your own personal and/or professional development;
- Therapy sessions to support your needs in collaboration with Richmond Foundation;
- A budget dedicated to your children’s summer school costs;
- The opportunity to work from literally anywhere – being able to work from abroad;
- Generous relocation package as well as any assistance needed for your smooth transition to Malta;
- And more!
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now.
GO plc – KMP-75974