Trust your gut, GO for it!
We’re looking for an extraordinary and meticulous individual to be our Payroll Specialist. As part of the HR team, you will contribute towards ensuring that employees have a positive experience at GO by providing excellent customer service through the support offered on policies, procedures and day-to-day operations.
Impeccable organisational skills and a high level of responsibility and accountability are critical in ensuring the efficient running of HR operations. Therefore, if you have these attributes you will surely stand out. An appreciation for top-quality employee experience will make you a winner in this role. If you are a fast learner, have a can-do attitude, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we will teach you the rest.
Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Payroll environment with knowledge of HR databases preferably, the Dakar Software System;
- Preferably an accountancy / payroll related qualification or equivalent;
- Ability to work in a team whilst adopting a pro-active attitude towards work;
- Sound understanding of employment and other related legislation;
- A high level of computer literacy, especially in the use of Excel Office Automation tools;
- Good communication skills;
- Methodical, analytical and organised;
- Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Able to work efficiently with tight deadlines and have a flexible approach;
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
- Effectively coordinate and perform the Payroll function, and ensuring that standard payroll guidelines are documented;
- Ensure that payments made are in line with legal requirements (i.e. employment and IRD regulations); and established company work conditions (such as collective agreements / memorandum of understanding; management / specialist policy; salary structures as per company policy);
- Maintain up-to-date records on employee employment and payroll information;
- Assisting employees and management in adhering to HR policies, procedures and payroll deadlines;
- Processing payroll adjustments related to employees’ remuneration by the end of each month;
- Ensure payroll as well as KPI and accounting reporting, are processed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Compiling HR and Payroll related reports (internal use and external entities), KPIs, reconciliations and other statistical reports;
- Compiling and analysing statistical reports required by HR Senior Management and external entities;
- Ensuring that a good working relationship is maintained between HR and the rest of the organisation, as well as external service providers;
- Ensuring that all employees have an excellent experience at GO;
- Ensuring confidentiality on employee information is maintained at all times;
- Keeping abreast of changes in employment legislation and suggest measures to address gaps between current practices;
- Carrying out any other duties within the HR function as directed by HR Management.
GO plc – KMP-61315