Turn I wish into I will.
If you are full of ideas, have an excellent work ethic and enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, then this job could be the one for you.
We’re looking for an HR Specialist who will be reporting to the HR Manager and will be responsible for ensuring our people have an exceptional employee experience throughout their journey at GO. You will not only be handling recruitment and administrative tasks but you will be exposed to so much more! Well-being, reward and recognition, employer brand, performance management, budgeting, succession planning, and training will also be included in your menu. In this role, you will be able to leave your mark and contribute to taking our HR team to the next level.
You will succeed in this position by having excellent attention to detail, even while multitasking on your busiest days, as well as being capable of building strong relationships with people and handling complex situations. You’re also expected to be a fast learner, and self-starter who works with integrity, whilst also being a strong team player.
We constantly strive to keep raising the bar, so being able to: push yourself out of your comfort zone, challenge ways of doing things, and embrace change, are not nice to haves for us, but key traits to be able to thrive within this team. Our expectations are high, but we guarantee incredible job satisfaction and acquired skills that will set your career in HR for life.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you will be doing
- Supporting, guiding and advising HR management on all HR and business-related matters
- Assisting and supporting in day-to-day employee matters
- Handling the recruitment process and the onboarding experience of all team members
- Supporting the development and delivery of communications, talent management initiatives, succession planning, wellbeing programmes and reward and recognition
- Managing relationships with employees and management
- Conducting performance management
- Participating and / or leading in disciplinary hearings and meetings
- Being active in HR initiatives such as careers / recruitment fairs and all in-house events including coordination
- Managing HR budgets
- Generating and executing ideas for HR and employer branding initiatives
- Assisting with training coordination
- Assisting and supporting management in ad-hoc tasks such as reporting exercises as the need arises
Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an administrative position
- A flexible working approach. This is not your typical 9 to 5 job – it is about succeeding in a performance-driven culture
- Can do attitude
- A high capability of adjusting to an always-changing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in using Microsoft suite
We would prefer if you have the following requirements
- A diploma / degree in psychology, human resources management or training and development
- Experience working in an HR position
- Familiarity with Maltese employment law
We are a hybrid organisation, therefore it is critical that you enjoy, and are able to build connections and keep high morale while working remotely or with remote colleagues. In addition to our benefits and perks package, we take care of each other by supporting you through ensuring you have the right remote set up and we enjoy different company-wide events covering mental health, physical well-being and more.
What’s in it for you?
Joining our team comes with a lot of benefits! Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll offer you for being brilliant:
- Benefit from working within a hybrid organisation, enjoying a balance between working from the office or any other location of your preference
- Flexible working arrangements to suit different needs
- No more bills! Free unlimited GO services for your home and mobile
- Four weeks of paid birth leave for all non-birthing parents
- Private Hospital Health Insurance, to protect you from unexpected, high medical costs
- A budget to purchase your next mobile device
- A budget to spend on your own personal and / or professional development
- Therapy sessions to support your needs in collaboration with Richmond Foundation
- A budget dedicated to your children’s summer school costs
- The opportunity to work from literally anywhere – being able to work from abroad in keeping with the company policy
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now.
GO plc – KMP-75917