Dive into greatness!
GO is a data-driven organisation that relies on data with high quality, availability and secure access. Customer centred data insight is what shapes our digital product development and the offered product portfolio. We are obsessed with customer brand engagement and increasing customer lifetime by giving value through knowledge acquired from data.
We are currently on the lookout for a Data Engineering Manager whose principal accountabilities would be team development, leadership, big data platform strategy and execution, direction on the design of data pipelines and managing operations. This job requires you to take ownership and learn an extensive business domain. We are after a Data Engineering Manager who loves to be involved directly in technical challenges while leading the team at the same time. Given that this is a highly technical managerial role a proportion of the time would ideally be dedicated to hands-on activity within the managed agile team.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT / engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in data engineering environments, data warehousing and ETL design;
- Project management experience related to data architecture overhaul;
- Excellent knowledge of distributed processing systems used for big data workloads;
- Experience in defining and adhering to data governance frameworks;
- Applied experience and skills in building data workflows with industry-standard tooling and be able to programmatically schedule them;
- Experience and knowledge in OLAP technology;
- Experience in MS BI Stack (SSIS / SSRS / SSAS);
- Have working knowledge of visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or Qlik Sense;
- Highly skilled in SQL and have mastery of a programming or scripting language (Java, Scala, Python etc.);
- A highly self-driven, motivated individual who firmly believes in a growth-based culture;
- Here’s how to score some extra points:
- Experience in managing or leading a medium-sized team or larger;
- Certified and have experience in cloud-based infrastructure;
- Have experience and knowledge in Dimensional Modelling in Data Warehousing;
- Experience with machine learning;
- Have working experience with data warehousing infrastructure;
- Familiar with development approaches of CICD, continuous testing, microservices and containerization;
- A solid understanding together with the applied experience of stream, message and event-based real-time architectures;
- Worked within agile frameworks and very familiar with its mindset.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing:
- Directing the necessary re-architecting and general design improvement of the data engineering ecosystem that comprises the data ingestion processes, data flows, the data lake, the data warehouse and BI platform;
- Managing, motivating and mentoring the team whilst ensuring succession planning and career guidance for the respective team members;
- Helping to enforce technical architecture and documentation standards, policies and quality assurance procedures;
- Coordinating and providing technical leadership to other members of the team on application design and development;
- Following the project work plans to meet functionality requirements, project objectives and timelines;
- Helping in the diagnosis and resolve of critical issues and liaise with other members of the team and other teams within the organisation to arrive to a solution;
- Proactively proposing enhancements to existing processes and liaising with Technical Architects to introduce new technologies which facilitate the
- BI and development process;
- Undertaking any other related tasks as directed by senior management.
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now!
GO plc – KMP-60027