GM Corporate and Fiduciary Services, situated in Valletta, is seeking to recruit a Junior Client Accountant on a full-time basis.
We are looking for individuals to join our team in providing accounting support services to our growing portfolio of local and international clients in various sectors. The company specialises in serving international mid-sized companies while providing a range of consulting, corporate services and income tax and VAT compliance services. The person we are looking for will maintain client books including an accurate record of receivables and payables up to trial balance stage, liaise with external auditors and any other external consultants, prepare periodical bank reconciliations, prepare and submit VAT returns and recapitulative statements where necessary and any other duties as may be deemed fit from time to time.
- Maintaining books of account including issuing invoices on clients’ behalf;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and recapitulative statements;
- Preparation of periodical bank reconciliations;
- Liaising with external auditors and other consultants in order to comply with the statutory annual obligations;
- Liaising with local authorities to maintain clients’ good standing;
- Assisting with monthly internal reports.
- Must be willing to develop his/her technical skills through training opportunities which the company may offer from time to time;
- Must have an eye for detail and be willing to work under pressure;
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and work under minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum A’ level standard of education in Accounting or in the initial stages of ACCA;
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel;
- Advanced level in written and spoken English;
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment;
- Willing to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Experience using at least one accounting program;
- Knowledge of Sage would be considered an asset.
- Internal and external training opportunities will be offered;
- Attractive remuneration package commensurate to qualifications and experience.
GM Corporate & Fiduciary Services Ltd – KMP-50383