GM Group, based in Valletta, offers corporate services to a variety of international and local clients.
Established over forty years ago, our group combines experience with an eagerness for constant improvement and development. We are convinced that continuous learning and training is the key not only for a successful business but they are also crucial for the continued development of our employees.
We are currently looking for a partially qualified Client Accountant with previous experience in a client-facing role to take responsibility for the overall accounting processes related to a number of our corporate clients. You will report directly to the Client Accounting Manager.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities will include among others:
- Preparation of management accounts and / or financial statements;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and recapitulative declarations;
- Bank, VAT, creditors and other accounts reconciliations;
- Prepare invoices and credit notes on behalf of corporate clients;
- Chasing debtors via e-mail and telephone;
- Executing bank payments on behalf of corporate clients;
- Inputting data in Sage or other software;
- Building strong working relationships with clients;
- Identifying and communicating client and engagement issues as well as progress in a timely and organized manner;
- Liaising with external parties such as clients, banks, suppliers, auditors and / or government authorities;
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities;
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems;
- Preparation and presentation of progress reports for senior management review;
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars and arrange appointments;
- All other activities related to the above-mentioned duties that may arise.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in business English;
- Proven experience as a client accountant: ideally 2+ years within the role;
- Currently studying towards an accountant qualification. Candidates willing to enrol into further education will also be considered;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is a must;
- Experience with Sage is desirable but training will be provided;
- Great attention to detail;
- Flexibility and proactivity are highly valued.
If you have a strong team spirit and you are looking for a new challenge where you can contribute to building new processes while learning new things and developing further skills, we are the right opportunity for you.
GM Group actively supports further studies and training of our employees. We are all encouraged to participate in various seminars and courses and in the case of formal education, the company offers the possibility to apply for study leave.
GM Corporate & Fiduciary Services Ltd – KMP-66758