We are G4S the world’s leading integrated security solutions company.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about security and customer service to join our growing team of Aviation Security Officers at the Malta International Airport. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to embark on a career in Security with a global organisation that operates at the forefront of the Security industry.
The role of Aviation Security Officer is a specialist position that provides security and peace of mind to passengers travelling through MIA. Aviation Security Officers conduct screening of passengers, baggage, or cargo to ensure compliance with transportation regulations by adopting the highest industry standards and use of state of the art equipment and technology.
- Staffing key security functions within the departures area and other related security points
- Body and luggage screening of staff and departing passengers
- Monitor passenger flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency
- Controlling of access, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access
- Operate security equipment such as walk through metal detectors, x-ray machines,
- Liquid explosive detection and explosive trade detection applications; hand wands at screening checkpoints and other ancillary equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
Skills and Requirements:
- A good command of English and Maltese
- Basic computer skills including the operation of IT equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring excellent service standards
- Capable to evaluate situations effectively together with an eye for detail
- Carry out duties in a professional and courteous manner even when under pressure
- Be in possession of a valid driving licence
G4S Security Services Limited – KMP-50727