Ready for a rewarding opportunity?
The Foundation of Medical Services (FMS) is the team behind public healthcare infrastructural projects for the Ministry for Health. We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team.
The Structural Engineer will report to the Head of Architecture at FMS or the FMS CEO.
- Working with the rest of the FMS technical team, design structures for new buildings, ensuring that the architectural, engineering and client requirements are respected throughout.
- Design solutions to structural issues in existing buildings, ensuring that the most efficient and effective materials and methodologies are employed.
- Develop bills of quantities and specifications, enabling the procurement of the materials and works required to execute the structural designs.
- Provide various pre-design services which may include preparing feasibility studies, site analysis, develop client’s brief, prepare design requirements and criteria, also developing client recommendations accordingly.
- Work in close collaboration with the other FMS projects team; including Engineers, Architects, design technicians, quantity surveyors and site coordinators. Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine conflicts in design.
Qualifications, Experience, and Other Pre-Requisites:
- A recognized and accredited qualification in Structural Engineering or equivalent at Master’s MQF Level 7.
- Warrant to practice (applicants who do not hold a Maltese Warrant to Practice shall still be considered as valid candidates, given that they are eligible to obtain the warrant if chosen for the position)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience or 3 years’ experience after obtaining a warrant.
- Knowledge of local building laws and regulations, Planning Authority procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of local building construction practices will be considered as an asset.
- Auto CAD proficient.
- Writing of works and materials specifications relating civil and finishing works.
- Work experience in management of construction projects will be considered an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and verbally.
Interested persons are to submit their application together with the below documents:
- Application letter.
- An updated CV.
- Two reference letters from previous employers.
- Police conduct certificate (obtained within the last six months).
- Copy of the relevant qualification certificates. (Applicants in possession of a foreign qualification need to submit a recognition statement from the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre).
Jobsplus permit number: 47/2021.
Foundation for Medical Services – KMP-72069