The role reports to the Head of Quality and is responsible to lead and support cross-functional investigations of internally and externally detected failures to identify the root cause and corrective and preventive action utilizing advanced problem-solving technics in terms of processing and quality control in production, by ensuring food safety and product quality throughout the production process.
- Quality Assurance
- Identify and lead improvement projects targeted at top contributors to quality defects and variability.
- Lead and support discussion related to customer notification and complaints, often a high priority, and high visibility. Ensure timely and effective responses to customer quality issues.
- Participate in change control and material, product, and process qualification, as he / she will be the main leader from quality in relations to drafting and analysing reports / analysis and trials.
- Manage qualification of process controls, methods and measuring system.
- Quality Control
- Lead and support cross-functional investigations of internally and externally detected failures to identify the root cause and corrective and preventive action utilizing advanced problem-solving technics (8D, FMEA, SPC etc.).
- Support Quality Controllers at the site and ensure competence through training: understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes. Inspect, measure or test materials and products being produced.
- Accept and reject finished items, and remove items that failed to comply with established specifications.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products. Report inspection and test data.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within food manufacturing operations or similar.
- Technical skills
- Ability to learn new food processing technologies and determine critical food safety aspects alone or through consultation with internal / external experts as appropriate.
- Key continuous improvement methodologies, e.g., Lean, Six Sigma.
- Quality data collection and analysis (metric development and review).
- Understanding statistical methods – SPC, DOE etc.
- Problem-solving technics – 8-D, 5-WHY, Fishbone / Fault Tree, FMEA.
- Knowledge of technical and manufacturing concepts.
- Understand the principles and comply with the practice of lean manufacturing, 5S methodology and continuous improvement.
- Experienced with HACCP, GMP, ISO and FSSC standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- ERP basic knowledge is preferred.
Foster Clark Company Limited – KMP-62536