The FIAU is seeking to hire a Senior Executive – Payroll and Finance to join the People and Corporate Services Section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and processing the monthly payroll for the FIAU staff members;
- Preparing yearly budgets in relation to payroll;
- Handling monthly and yearly submissions such as FS5s, FS3s and FS7s;
- Preparing and issuing payroll-related reports;
- Coordinate with HR section to ensure that all employee data is accurately entered into the payroll system;
- Receiving and handling of payroll-related queries for FIAU staff members in a timely and professional manner;
- Liaising with the relevant authorities and stakeholders as required;
- Keeping up to date with new regulations / updates related to payroll;
- Assisting in the preparation of financial forecasts and management accounts;
- Supporting the finance section with all aspects of the general ledger;
- Performing bank and other nominal ledger reconciliations;
- Monitoring of contractual obligations and payment terms;
- Compiling periodic accounts-related reports;
- Preparing and assisting with audits;
- Other duties as delegated by the Line Manager.
- An MQF Level 6 qualification in accounting / financial services / other related subjects together with a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a similar role Or;
- An MQF Level 5 qualification in accounting / financial services / other related subjects together with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Have strong knowledge of Maltese payroll legislation and experience with payroll systems, ideally Dakar software;
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Eye for detail and be able to handle highly sensitive information with strict confidentiality;
- Applicants should have excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English, should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially excel), have a pleasant personality, and be of good moral character.
- A dynamic working environment;
- Excellent career prospects;
- An attractive remuneration package, excluding other staff benefits;
- Health and life insurance;
- Team building events.
Jobsplus Permit No. 689/2023.
Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit – KMP-85208