The Network and Security team is responsible for the provision and maintenance of a redundant, secure and reliable network for the FIAU employees and its IT infrastructure.
The IT Systems Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house and cloud information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
The IT Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the IT assistants.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 technical support for the FIAU sections;
- Assisting in setting up standard networking infrastructure. WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and information security measures;
- Assistance in implementation and maintenance of new virtualised IT infrastructure systems on-premise and on cloud environment;
- Assistance in implementation and maintenance of cloud services on Microsoft Azure;
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts;
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services;
- Assisting in the designing and performing server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other disaster recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies;
- Perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems;
- Monitor and test system performance; Assist in preparing and delivering system performance statistics and reports;
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems;
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review;
- Provide assistance for the implementation of the business continuity and recovery plan;
- To represent the Unit in proceedings, including as witnesses, before any court, tribunal or other adjudicating body;
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Academic qualification in computer science at an NQF level five (5) or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- A minimum of two (2) years working in a similar role. Candidates with related Microsoft certifications and with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- Fluency in the English language;
- Proven experience in assisting in the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products;
- Proven experience in assisting in systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices;
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Very good understanding of Information Security standards and of Network fundamentals;
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory and Windows servers;
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft;
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication skills and proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Strong customer service orientation and experience with ITIL based help desk software;
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required;
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- A dynamic working environment;
- Excellent career prospects;
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits;
- Health and life insurance;
- Team building events.
Jobsplus Permit No. 503/2021.
Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit – KMP-66655