The FIAU is seeking to recruit a Data Protection Senior Officer to join the Legal Affairs Section.
- To monitor and ensure that the FIAU remains compliant with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act and any other data protection and privacy rules;
- To monitor developments in any legislation concerning data protection and privacy;
- To inform and provide advice to the FIAU on any matter concerning data protection;
- To act as the main contact point between the FIAU and data subjects and handle all data subject requests;
- To assist in responding to any queries concerning data protection;
- To represent the FIAU in any fora, whether locally or abroad, on any matters concerning data protection;
- To carry out or assist in any audits on the FIAU’s data protection processes;
- To cooperate with the Information and Data Protection Commission or the Data Protection unit within the Ministry for Justice, Equality and Governance.
- University degree (MQF level 6) in Law, IT or in any subject provided that the applicant has proven experience in the area of data protection;
- Excellent communication skills in both the Maltese and English languages;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of data protection principles and laws;
- Experience in the implementation of data protection rules;
- Pleasant personality and be of a good moral character.
- A dynamic working environment;
- Excellent career prospects;
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits;
- Health and life insurance;
- Flexi time;
- Team building events.
Jobsplus Permit No. 550/2021
Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit – KMP-85318