The Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit is the national central agency in Malta that is responsible for the collection, collation, processing, analysis and dissemination of information to combat money laundering and the funding of terrorism.
The FIAU is seeking to strengthen its Legal Affairs section through the recruitment of a Data Protection Senior Officer.
- To monitor and ensure that the FIAU remains compliant with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act and any other data protection and privacy rules;
- To monitor developments in any legislation concerning data protection and privacy;
- To inform and provide advice to the FIAU on any matter concerning data protection;
- To act as the main contact point between the FIAU and data subjects and handle all subject data requests;
- To assist in responding to any queries concerning data protection;
- To represent the FIAU in any fora, whether locally or abroad, on any matters concerning data protection;
- To carry out or assist in any audits on the FIAU’s data protection processes;
- To cooperate with the Information and Data Protection Commission or the Data Protection unit within the Ministry for Justice, Equality and Governance.
- University degree (MQF level 6) in Law, IT or any other subject provided that the applicant has proven experience in the area of data protection;
- Excellent communication skills in both the Maltese and English languages;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of data protection principles and laws;
- Experience in the implementation of data protection rules;
- Pleasant personality and be of good moral character.
- A dynamic working environment;
- Excellent career prospects;
- An attractive remuneration package, and other staff benefits;
- Health and life insurance;
- Flexi time;
- Team building events.
Jobsplus Permit No. 13/2021
Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit – KMP-80446