FIMBank is an international provider of trade finance, factoring and forfeiting solutions, with a network of offices spanning across the globe. We are headquartered in Malta, listed on the Malta Stock Exchange, and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
We are seeking to recruit an officer within the Trade Finance Operations department which forms part of the Operations section of the Bank. The selected candidate will join the Real Estate team, which is responsible for the facilities related to the real estate business from the inception of the facility up till repayment.
Main Role Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing and collecting the security documentation from the client;
- Ensuring conditions precedents have been met prior to drawdown;
- Maintaining the conditions and any security subsequent requirements;
- Preparing waivers / postponement and cancellation letters;
- Assist the Team Leader in finalisation of the hypothecary deeds and other related deeds;
- Assist in transactional regulatory checks as required;
- Report changes to transactions to internal and external parties as required;
- Request approvals for deviations when necessary;
- Monitoring facility repayments and undrawn facilities;
- Handle internal queries & assisting in customer’s requirements;
- Maintain a proper audit trail of all movements throughout the lifetime of the transactions;
- Maintain appropriate filing and updating of diary notes;
- Supporting day to day through input of transactions on banking system(s) in line with business origination;
- Updating of reports / records;
- Assist with the preparation of timely annual facility reviews;
- Handling periodic security reconciliation checks; and
- Provide assistance to and coordinating with all stakeholders in order to maintain customer relationships and conclude customer transactions efficiently.
- Assisting other teams within Operations as and when required;
- Participate in team projects involving the testing of new setups on banking software to meet business needs.
Competencies / Behaviour (identify and evaluate):
- Willingness to learn and recommend improvements to current processes;
- Must be a team player to assist as and when required
- Must be a positive acceptor of ongoing change;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Accurate and efficient data input capabilities;
- Excellent attention to detail and proficiency;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment;
- Good communication skills;
- Work ethically according to professional and company values.
Education and Experience:
- Banking experience within an Operations / Back Office team is considered an asset;
- Diploma in Banking and Finance or similar.
FIMBank – KMP-61324