FIMBank is an international trade finance bank with an international network of offices. The Bank is headquartered in Malta, is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange, and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic individual with lateral thinking qualities, a creative proficiency for problem-solving, is pro-active in his/her stance, and who welcomes challenges as an opportunity to grow to join our newly formed Recoveries department.
Whilst the primary responsibility of the Recoveries Officer will be that of managing the regulatory and reporting processes with respect to the Bank’s Non-Performing Asset book, it will also involve constant support and liaison to the Head of Recoveries in the overseeing of the Non-Performing Loan portfolio as detailed below.
- Assistance to the Head of Recoveries in preparing periodic and ad hoc reports;
- Strict adherence to the imposed target dates;
- Reviewing and managing the non-performing portfolio on a Group-wide level;
- Where applicable making recommendations for action plans with a view to maximising recovery at realistic but also ambitious time horizons;
- Identify opportunities if a client can be nursed back to health and if not possible, minimise the risk of loss to the Bank;
- Follow up existing action plans to ensure adherence to projected time-lines and any variances immediately addressed with appropriate recommendations;
- Navigate the internal network to achieve results as warranted and also deal with external stakeholders when necessary;
- Exercise extreme caution when reviewing accounts thus ensuring that any findings can be reported to the Head of Recoveries, scope to communicate to teams and avoid repeat occurrences.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of banking products;
- Sound knowledge of MS applications particularly excel;
- Highly analytical person, quantitative and qualitative with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to build supportive relationships with everyone across the organization and other stakeholders involved in the Recoveries process;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and manage pressure;
- A credit-related background, knowledge of banking systems together with a BSc Hons Degree in financial services would be considered an asset.
FIMBank – KMP-61345