Life at FIMBank
FIMBank’s success story is attributed to the dedication and commitment of our team. Every employee is a champion of the FIMBank brand and its underlying promise of quality, dynamism, commitment, and innovation.
All our employees are given the opportunity to develop as professionals and to advance in their careers through our learning and development programmes.
About the job
The Human Resources Business Partner is a key role within the HR department and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies, programs and initiatives related to policies, learning and development, employee coaching and performance management.
Reporting to the Group Chief HR Officer, this role requires a deep understanding of interpersonal skills, employee development and performance improvement, as well as the ability to provide guidance and coaching to employees.
The candidate’s key responsibilities
- Reviewing and updating HR policies and providing training, guidance and interpretation of such policies;
- Providing guidance and input to Business Unit Heads relating to workforce planning and succession planning;
- Overseeing the performance appraisal process, ensuring it aligns with company goals and objectives and providing guidance to appraisers and appraisees;
- Coaching and providing feedback to key stakeholders to help improve the Group’s efficiency;
- Assisting employees throughout their employment cycle;
- Handling employee relations matters in collaboration with management;
- Conducting exit interviews, compiling data to see trends in turnover, and partnering with leaders;
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, boost morale, and increase efficiencies while assisting with retention initiatives;
- Evaluating and revising internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency;
- Ensuring that controls are in place and being adhered to;
- Analysing employment-related trends and metrics;
- Acting as a brand ambassador for FIMBank and assisting with the talent acquisition and onboarding of people;
- Evaluating and monitoring internal and external training programs, as well as, developing and delivery of the L&D plans and their implementation;
- Identifying learning and development needs, and following up on training objectives;
- Maintaining up-to-date employment legal requirements related to employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partnering with external legal counsel as needed / required; and
- Supporting the HR department and any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidates’ qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, supporting leaders in HR-related matters and resolving employee relations issues;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Maltese and English;
- Ability to prepare HR-related strategy documents;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced/multi-tasked environment;
- Strong knowledge of HR metrics;
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills;
- Experience in Employer Branding will be considered an asset;
- Strong understanding of personality assessments;
- IT proficiency (desktop applications / HRMIS);
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and local employment laws; and
- Knowledge of MFSA Banking Rules and European Central Bank regulations will be considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Welcoming and professional environment;
- Work with a proactive, forward-looking team;
- professional growth; and
- Internal / external learning and development opportunities.
- Attractive salary;
- Health, dental, life and personal accident insurance cover;
- Mortgage and personal loan interest subsidy;
- Pension plan;
- Parking and commuting allowance;
- Study support scheme;
- Fitness allowance; and
- Childcare allowance.
FIMBank – KMP-86331