The Foundation for Human Resources Development was set up to promote human capital management and development practices as well as the development of the HR profession in Malta. FHRD works in partnership with its corporate members from private and public sector organisations, HR practitioners and service providers and other key local players in the field of HRM and HRD. The organization is now looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO) with excellent leadership skills to join the team.
The COO will work closely with FHRD’s board and senior management on both the short and long-term strategy of the organisation. She / he will run the day-to-day work of FHRD and cooordination of events, training activities and projects which are embarked on from time to time. The COO will also have direct involvement in the marketing and sales functions of FHRD.
- Sets and drives the organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Secures the functionality of the operations to drive sustainable growth.
- Translates FHRD’s strategy into actionable goals for performance helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting.
- Leads a small team to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Be responsible for the business development function of the organization.
- Formulates effective new ideas and innovative strategies for marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
- Maintains and builds trusted relationships with FHRD’s key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Leads a number of yearly projects and events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Business Administration, HR or Marketing.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in administration, project management, operations, etc.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Ready to work with a small team, within a small organisation.
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- A can-do attitude in taking the necessary decisions.
FHRD – KMP-59512