To manage, plan, organise, direct and control all operations of the Group IT Service Support function.
- To manage the IT Service Support and Service Delivery function. This includes incident management, problem management and service/change requests.
- To manage the IT Service Support and Service Delivery function performance management by closely monitoring support tickets and team performance.
- To plan, manage, direct, monitor and control the delivery of the related projects and services.
- To carry out problem management function in order to resolve recurrent technical problems.
- To assist the Head of IT in the setting up an IT strategy with regards to business systems and services in support of the group’s business goals and objectives.
- To assist the Head of IT in the management of the entire IT support function.
- To supervise and instruct IT Support staff members in all aspects of best practices within service support management.
- To ensure that all service requests are carried out efficiently and effectively to agreed service levels.
- To define, plan and manage the allocation of resources for the planning and delivery of all support services and products.
- To measure and report the performance of the IT Service Support function against pre-established Operational Level Agreements (OLA) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- To be an active part of the group’s IT governance framework.
- To assist in the definition, planning and management of the group’s IT-related policies governing all technological matters, hardware and software procurement, staff developments and rewards, the conduct of the management of change initiatives and standards of professional conduct.
- To propose technical enhancements that would assist in the group’s business growth.
- To guide, assist and manage IT Service Support staff members in the selection of software products and services that meet the group’s business needs.
- To assist business users to define their business requirements.
- To guide, mentor, train, direct and provide technical and project leadership to IT Service Support team members.
- To maintain an updated inventory of all the group’s IT equipment (laptops, desktops, peripheral devices, etc.).
- To maintain an updated inventory of all the group’s domain and ensure renewal on time;
- To participate in IT-related projects as assigned by the Head of IT.
- To implement and ensure adherence with established IT policies and procedures.
- To deploy staff members effectively defining targets and objectives, as well as sustaining their personal development through on the job and formal training opportunities that are identified with the assistance of the Head of IT.
- To implement performance measurement systems and other techniques, benchmarking the performance of IT Service Support staff members.
- To appraise the performance of subordinates and ensure that the assessments are carried out on time and objectively.
- To submit any reports and/or manage any projects and activities as may be directed and requested by the Head of IT.
- To sit on committees and attend meetings as directed by the Head of IT.
- To set up regular meetings with team members under his/her responsibility to communicate the objectives that subordinates are expected to achieve.
- To report any issues within the unit to the Head of IT with recommended solutions.
- To be involved in the recruitment process of staff members that would join the IT Service Support team.
- To ensure a high quality / standard of work and service throughout.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Preferably in possession of Service Management certification (e.g. ITIL).
- At least three years of related experience in an IT Support function.
- Must have a broad knowledge of IT (i.e. information systems, hardware, networks, etc).
- Must be proficient in performance management methods and techniques.
- Must be proficient in IT-related international standards, policies, methods and techniques.
- Must be proficient in methods, techniques and tools for planning, directing, monitoring, control and co-ordinating IT activities.
- Must have client and quality focus.
- Must have good presentation and negotiations skills.
- Must be willing to work long hours and be on-call.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and present information to the management team.
- Must be able to work independently and under limited supervision.
- Must be able to manage several priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel overseas.
- Must have team management experience (ideally in different geographical locations).
- Familiarity with relevant national and international legislation (IT).
- Knowledge in the following would be considered as an asset: JIRA and Confluence product suits; Manage Engine.
- Service Desk Plus and Desktop Central; Reftab – inventory management software; VOIP solutions; Domain Service Management.
Ferratum Bank plc – KMP-55499