Ferratum Group is a pioneer in digital banking born from Nordic FinTech roots and growing into a global financial services provider operating in more than 20 markets. We are looking for an Accountant to join our diverse team. Based in Malta and reporting to the Managing Director (Malta).
We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly. You will play an integral role in supporting daily operations of the Maltese branch of the company’s newly formed Global Procurement function based out of Toronto, Canada.
- Manage all accounting operations of Maltese branch including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, payroll, taxes, reconciliations and closing processes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and comply with branch reporting requirements, tax filings and payments related to VAT, Income Tax, FSS and NI while liaising with external tax / accounting professionals.
- Support and oversee all aspects of branch cash flow including bank accounts, preparing and updating cash flow projections and liquidity requirements.
- Take ownership of the audit processes of the Maltese branch, preparing all documentation required and liaising with the external auditors.
- Support, produce or deliver ad hoc or reoccurring reporting to the bank, group or Canadian head office on the Maltese branch accounting and operations.
- Support the Controller in other tasks as required from time to time.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Accountancy degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Thorough, trustworthy and effective team member.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Why join Ferratum?
Our culture is guided by customer centricity, entrepreneurial spirit, candor, respect and winning teams. Creating value for customers, employees, investors and partners is our guiding principle. We actively strive to create the right environment and provide the right tools for our employees to enjoy their work and to thrive.
Joining Ferratum you will:
- Feel that we believe in your development by providing conditions that lead to increased productivity, motivation, performance and engagement.
- Join a fast and growing international finance company with the opportunity to shape the future of digital banking.
- Enjoy a friendly and collaborative atmosphere with supportive teams in a fun startup-like culture.
- Be offered a competitive salary and other additional perks.
- Be able to work remotely and from our offices in a flexible manner.
Ferratum Bank plc – KMP-61174