About FCM Bank
FCM Bank Limited is based in Malta and forms part of the SAB Group. FCM Bank Ltd. specializes in corporate lending via Working capital loans, Real Estate Loans, Project Finance loans and Investment loans as well as providing deposit products for retail and corporate clients. The bank focuses on delivering simple and straightforward products to its customers whilst striving to provide them with the best service possible.
Our strong customer focus is reflected in our workplace, and we are constantly evolving and looking for opportunities for success in this dynamic and challenging market. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services.
We have recently opened the position of Finance Analyst and are seeking a talented individual with a demonstrable record of accomplishment to join our dynamic team of professionals.
- To work closely with the bank’s Financial Controller, as a core contributor to the accounting and financial reporting processes, whilst assisting in the administration of the finance function
- Maintain general ledger including the preparation and inputting of journal entries on a daily basis.
- Reconcile bank accounts and statements.
- Take corrective action when necessary and where action does not involve any variations from normal practice or policies.
- Record purchase orders for accruals and checks their approvals and ensures that the Bank’s expenditure procedure is being adhered to.
- Check invoices and distribute them for authorisation according to the Bank’s policies, moni- tors their progress and ensures that payments are effected within reasonable timeframes.
- Answer queries from suppliers regarding invoices.
- Prepare the payment run, record prepayments and accruals, issue bills payables and refer them for signature.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- File all documents, papers, letters and records for quick and easy access and for retrieval of information.
- Maintain and update files and to ensure that all files are easily traced and tagged.
- Ensure that the petty cash is maintained appropriately.
- Review expense refunds and visa expenses in line with policies.
- Contribute to the updating of the finance procedures.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller.
Required education, skills and experience
- Diploma or degree in accounting.
- Two to three years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Ability to effectively manage tasks.
- Strong team player, analytical and detail oriented.
- Positive attitude with the ability to maintain high levels of motivation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Fluent English language skills, oral and written.
If you are interested in being considered for this post, please send a covering letter and CV via the apply button below.
FCM Bank Limited – KMP-65200