A vacancy has arisen for the post of Inventory Officer within the Inventory section of the Operations department. The general objective is that s/he ensures the store operates smoothly, effectively and efficiently with respect to binning, maintaining, picking, dispatch, receiving and general inventory management.
S/He must ensure all the stores’ guidelines, policies and procedures are followed through by all staff while carrying out these responsibilities to ensure that production requirements are met according to established procedures.
- Undertake the day-to-day supervision of the stores’ staff and deliver a customer-focused service in accordance with agreed procedures and standard operating procedures;
- Ensure accurate accountability of all transactions to and from the stores;
- Facilitate stock counts of the material quantities held in stock;
- Ensure the store area is kept clean, tidy, organised and according to H&S standards;
- Promote good safety practices in accordance with stores housekeeping and health and safety at all times;
- Execute raw / packaging material requirement plan for packaging, through the use of established systems and keep track of any changes so that stock is available in time and stocked in the required quantities;
- Be responsible for producing requisitions for purchasing of raw / packaging materials;
- Ensure that stores inventory staff issue raw / packaging materials to production using established IT systems;
- Supervise the receipt of goods into stock from suppliers and confirm that receipt is in accordance with purchase order;
- Complete batch tracking incoming goods documentation and follow up for certificate of analysis;
- In liaison with Quality department monitor supplier quality and performance;
- Assign specific and daily tasks to all staff;
- Coach and monitor staff to perform to expected standards;
- Report to the Inventory and Planning Manager any issues that could be detrimental to stock requirements established procedures;
- Carry out any other duties related to above position as instructed by superiors.
The selected candidate will:
- Ideally have as a minimum an A’ level standard of education or a Diploma in Logistics / Business Studies or equivalent;
- Have experience in an inventory environment ideally with a background in the food and beverage business;
- Possess very strong leadership, team facilitation and problem-solving skills;
- Show initiative and creativity;
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written, possessing ICT and good presentation skills;
- Have good analytical skills and be proactive.
Farsons Group – KMP-67966