Faces Display Ltd. is a leading outdoor media company in Malta. It manages more than 450 outdoor advertising locations and prints its entire large format printing requirements in house. Its media products vary from bus shelter static back illuminated panels, scrolling adverts to billboards.
The company is seeking to recruit a young, experienced and deadline-oriented individual to join the management team.
Faces’ Accounts Executive will have full end-to-end ownership of the company’s accounting and record keeping. This role partners closely with the group’s financial controller and the company’s managing director to ensure the books and records reflect business structure and priorities consistent with the Plan. The senior accountant also plays a key part in payroll processing, corporate structure maintenance, and procurement support, and AR, AP and cash management.
The role of the Accounts Executive is to overlook and manage all accounting commitments related to the group and work together with the group financial controller in meeting company requirements.
Accuracy, diligence and strict confidentiality are considered a must in meeting role responsibilities.
Detailed Job Description
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarise financial status by collecting information; preparing monthly balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analysing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- The computation of book keeping up to trial balance
- Compilations of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly reports to be presented to directors including amongst others, income statement and balance sheet position
- Responsible for reviewing and validating recorded transactions as to accuracy and propriety of data in adherence to company policies
- Responsible for reconciling and analysing financial reports in submitting in a timely manner
- Recommends and provides support on improvements and cost savings
- Compilation of annual audits and monthly management accounts
- Ability to understand financial discrepancies and reconciliations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting degree
- 3-5 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Navision and accounting related software
- Accounting, research skills, analysing information, attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness, corporate finance, financial software, general maths skills
- A financial / management / accounting qualification will be considered an asset
Faces – KMP-38848