Would you like to work in a high-tech environment and be exposed to best in class brands such as Siemens, Drager, and Honeywell? We at ESI believe in empowering employees and continuously investing in their development and training to achieve our goals – If you have an appetite for technical challenges and are motivated to achieve big this job – is for you!
Engineering for Science and Industry (Malta) – ESI – is one of Malta’s leading Systems Integrators specialising in the design, installation, commissioning and support of integrated automation within the following fields:
- Building energy efficiency and management systems
- Industrial and process automation
- Integrated security
- Fire and gas detection and safety systems
- Home automation
An automation Technician is required for our industrial automation section (Siemens Simatic PLC / HMI).
The selected candidate should have a minimum of an MCAST diploma in industrial electronics or equivalent, a sound knowledge electrical and electronics, be able to follow circuit diagrams and be knowledgeable of the use of automation in manufacturing and process industries.
A Technician/Software developer is required for our Industrial automation section (Siemens SIMATIC PLC/HMI). The selected candidate should have a minimum of an MCAST diploma in Industrial Electronics or equivalent, a sound knowledge Electrical and Electronics, be able to follow circuit diagrams and be knowledgeable of the use of automation in manufacturing and process industries.
The skills required for this position are:
- PLC programming – Ladder logic (LAD) and/or function block diagram (FBD) languages
- General programming techniques
- MS Office (mainly Excel and Word)
- C, C-Script, VBScript
- Willing to learn new technologies, implement new processes and to take instructions
- Willing to work under own initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent in English and good communication skills
- Good organisation and documentation skills
- Problem-solving skills and have success-oriented thinking
- Be flexible
Knowledge and/or experience on the following would be considered as an asset (in order of priority):
- SIEMENS product Family (S5, S7-300/400, S7-1200, S7-1500) and HMI/SCADA
- SIEMENS PLC programming. (STEP7 – Classic or TIA-)
- Ladder logic (LAD) and/or function block diagram (FBD) languages
- Structured text (SCL), Statement list (STL) languages
- SIEMENS HMI programming. (Protool, WinccFlexible , WinCC Classic V7.x, WinCC-TIA)
- C++ and C#
- SQL, XML
- Web and graphic design
- HTML and CSS Knowledge
- Fluent in the Italian language.
ESI (Malta) Ltd – KMP-50475