The role of Handyman II is to provide general support on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the necessary preventive maintenance of the Authority’s premises including machinery and any other relevant equipment. When necessary, the officer will perform maintenance and repair jobs as instructed by line superior in line with Authority policies and procedures including health and safety policy.
- Repair, clean and maintain equipment according to the preventive maintenance schedules;
- Monitor and carry out repairs on plumbing, electrical systems, draining, air-conditioning, ventilation system, office furniture and any other equipment;
- Moving furniture and equipment;
- Paint and maintain walls, doors, wooden apertures, and any other equipment as necessary;
- Carry out carpentry jobs;
- Conduct driving related duties which would involve transportation of ERA employees or other persons to and from other locations, delivery and collection of documents and mail etc;
- Assist the line superior in cases of emergency where the technical input becomes necessary;
- Follow daily instructions and participate in special assignments including monitoring of service providers maintenance of works;
- Prepare / evaluate any relevant technical reports as directed by the line superior;
- Undertake other duties of maintenance and repair nature as directed by line superior.
- This position is on a shift basis, without night shifts, which requires 40 hours per week from Monday to Saturday;
- In case of emergency, the officer may be required to work after normal working hours, Sundays and public holidays.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
- Good level of writing and speaking in Maltese and English;
- Enemalta Wireman License A;
- Two (2) years working experience in repairs and maintenance;
- Possess a Category B driving license;
- Preferably be computer literate.
- 17,000 +
Environment & Resources Authority – KMP-55871